- The delegation stated that they were: “Fully aware that humankind puts its hope in the rules regulations and procedures that we are working on – they should be the best possible – robust, precautionary.”
- Poland stated that they were in favor of cooperative conversations to achieve meaningful progress towards the ISA’s mandate
- We must make all effort to develop all regulations within deadlines.
- We must continue our work on the standards, regulations, and guidelines and until we have a robust framework.
- Poland reiterated commitment to work on the regulations. The delegation also highlighted the need for the equitable sharing of benefits, in accordance with UNCLOS.
- Stated that they “Do not understand a complete ban in the Area.”