- Korea stated that they share many points of view expressed in France’s paper but believe that commencement of commercial mining shall be addressed in accordance with UNCLOS
- Korea called for the rules and regulations be finalised ASAP, stating that this is the best way to guarantee environmental protection and benefit sharing
- Stated that this session is very important to finalize regulations. We will continue to support the completion the regulations and will do our best effort to finalize the regs. We think this is the best way to protect the marine environment.
- Frustrated to hear of repeated violations of obligations by contractors.
- Want those contractors who have ignored calls by the Council to be named.
- Shared concerns regarding other rules of international law and that rules and regulations should not create an internal obligation to comply with other rules we do not know.